What we do?
Counterfeit products and intellectual property crime present a clear challenge to brands across multiple sectors. Counterfeits damage the reputation of a brand, and can be harmful to consumers.
The trade in counterfeits continues to increase with fake products being made available online more than ever before. Social media presents a new avenue for counterfeiters and brands must respond by adapting their strategies.
Brandsmiths represents a number of high-profile international brands in the luxury goods, sport, and technology sectors in combatting the proliferation of fake products.
Why choose us?
Our lawyers provide evidence based advice tailored to the goals of the client. We’ve worked for some of the biggest brands in the world on anti-counterfeiting, including Microsoft, BMW, Speedo & some of the world's largest fashion brands.
We work closely with investigators, the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU), UK Border Force and Trading Standards to provide comprehensive online and offline coverage.
We also understand the importance on return on investment and ensure that our clients are aware of the results of their anti-counterfeiting strategy.
Examples of our anti-counterfeiting experience:
- Developing and implementing comprehensive global anti-counterfeiting strategies
- Carrying out search, seizure and destruction of counterfeits
- Monitoring online counterfeit outlets, social media, and managing domain name disputes
- Filing take down notices with online platforms, such as Amazon, Facebook, and eBay
- Enforcing Intellectual Property rights against unlawful parallel imports and grey market goods
- Making Applications for Action (also known as a Customs Notice) with customs in the UK so that customs can seize counterfeits.