We are looking for a 3-8 PQE Solicitor/File Handler to join our ‘Claimsmiths’ team. The successful candidate will work as part of an industry leading litigation team, managing their own caseload as well as assisting more senior fee earners on larger matters.
This is a great opportunity for a Solicitor to further a career in consumer litigation.
Claimsmiths is a focused disputes practice for individuals and part of Brandsmiths, the specialist law firm for IP-rich businesses with a rich litigation heritage.
Claimsmiths is designed to provide top results in consumer actions. The team include some of the leading data protection, finance and professional negligence lawyers in the UK. We are highly experienced in running a range of claims, which includes precedent setting litigation.
We pride ourselves on offering a supportive and collegiate atmosphere. We recruit paralegals who have the potential to become trainee solicitors, qualified solicitors and hopefully future Partners with us, if they wish.
- Managing a mixed, varied and interesting caseload with a bias towards Housing Disrepair
- Handling smaller matters with autonomy, while assisting on larger cases
- Drafting letters and preparing file notes
- Drafting legal documents such as witness statements
- Preparation for and attendance at court hearings
- Legal research
- Liaising with clients, other parties and the court
- Proofreading and checking documents for quality / consistency
- Assisting with marketing initiatives
There are considerable opportunities for progression within the Firm. We operate a true meritocracy.
- Solicitor/File Handler with 3-8 years PQE
- Experience of Housing Disrepair claims an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Organised with effective time management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Good communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Confident with Word, Excel and Outlook
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Goal orientated with a strong desire to improve and succeed
- Likely to be based in Manchester, but candidates in other locations (include remote) considered