The Accounts Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the accounts at Brandsmiths, reporting to the Head of Finance. The role will also entail running a small team, ensuring the firm’s cashflow is maximised through timely billing and credit control management.
The Accounts Manager will have an opportunity to assist with leading and developing the team alongside the Head of Finance and really make an impact on creating an efficient environment with the use of technology
Brandsmiths is a boutique law firm with offices in Manchester and London providing specialist legal advice to IP rich businesses and individuals.
Our clients include established brands such as BMW, Microsoft, Umbro, Trivago, Entertainment One and Beverly Hills Polo Club, as well as fast growth businesses such as Pure Gym, Missguided and LadBible. In sport, we have considerable experience advising sporting clubs including Leeds United, QPR and Oldham Athletic as well as high profile individuals such as Sir Mo Farah, Roberto Carlos and David Haye.
We pride ourselves on offering a supportive and collegiate atmosphere.
We focus on:
- Intellectual Property: protecting rights for brands
- Sport: using regulatory expertise to help sporting clubs and talent
- Commercial litigation: applying strategy and legal knowledge to get the best result
- Corporate/Commercial: helping fast-growth companies get to where they want to be
- Media & Privacy: protecting the reputations of brands and celebrities
- Daily supervision of the accounts team.
- Balancing workloads and resources between team members as required to ensure the smooth running of all transaction processing.
- Encourage an environment of timely and accurate processing of all relevant transactions.
- Assist the Head of Finance in developing a positive, high performing and collaborative team culture to ensure that service levels and requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Ensure that team members are equipped with the necessary skills and have clearly defined personal responsibilities and development plans, regularly reviewing with the Head of Finance to identify progression requirements.
- Work with the team to process all client matter transactions through the systems in a timely manner, ensuring correct authorisation and accurate input.
- Over-see and review all types of cashiering transactions to include but not limited to payments, receipts, billing, transfers, time transactions and queries to ensure accuracy and efficient processing within the team.
- Supervise the Legal Cashier team to achieve an accurate and timely month end closure.
- Assisting with review and identification of potential improvements and implementation of relevant operational processes and policies.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow and efficiency of the team
- This role reports to the Head of Finance
- The Accounts Manager will have a team of two to manage – Finance Assistant and Credit Control Assistant
- Must possess a recognised accounting qualification
- Experience working in a law firm
- Knowledge of Leap Case Management System and Xero
- Exceptional inter-personal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of seniority
- Send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any queries? Email, or call 0203 709 8957
- No recruiters